Rockford Fosgate T1 Box Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Personally I would go ported there is no reason why the proper ported box can't have decent sq additionally ported boxes are most often louder and more efficient than sealed so if you have the space go with ported.

Ok the person i bought this sub from had it in a ported box and it hits the lows real good but some of the higher bass notes were not very loud at all. So i dont know if the box he had it in was just tuned wrong or what?

The sound or range of frequencies would definitely depend on the tuning or he may have had his low pass turned down a little to low the type of music you listen to generally is a determining factor in what frequency you tune your box to.

If you knew all the measurements of the box including the port length or if you still had his number you could ask him I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling you if he knew.

You could try plugging those numbers into Torre's box calculator to see what you come up with I'd do it but I use a mac and it's made for windows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

He said the box size was 22x15x13 and the port length was 18. The box was made out of 3/4 wood also
You would also need to know the port opening ( H x W).

However, just because that enclosure performed the way it did in his application, does not mean it would the same in yours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.