Rockford Fosgate Prime 500.1 mono block amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

w30olds

So I bought this amp about a week ago. Great little amp. This thing is tiny and compact. Well built and solid. Hooked it all up and gave it a try. This little amp pounds my two 10" punch subs! Birth sheet rated the amp at 630 watts, so like most fosgate amps it's underrated. So far I've had zero issue. Amps runs very cool even after extended use. The compact design means it can be mounted just about anywhere. The frequency settings work really well. I've only set the gains about 1/3 of the way and it pounds very hard! Plenty of power and small. All in all I really like this little amp. So that's my little review of the Fosgate Prime 500.1.

I had one for a short time. I had it wired to 1 0hm on 3 JL 12W7s. It got hot after a few minutes. but that's what I expected running lower than 2 ohms and pushing it pretty hard. It impressed a couple of my buddies so I didn't own it long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was surprised it never went into protect but I had an electrical setup for a way bigger amp

thats awesome to hear... mine ran hot.. but all and all a little beast and never protected on me...
Little beast indeed. So far it's not gone into protect on me either. Hey Dub7 I'm not sure those amps are 1 ohm stable. At least the book didn't say it was.....Glad others here have had good luck so far. I use to run Fosgate Punch amps back in the 90's and was hoping the new stuff was as good as the old stuff was. So far I'm really satisfied. Also have a prime 4 channel to hook up this weekend.

Little beast indeed. So far it's not gone into protect on me either. Hey Dub7 I'm not sure those amps are 1 ohm stable. At least the book didn't say it was.....Glad others here have had good luck so far. I use to run Fosgate Punch amps back in the 90's and was hoping the new stuff was as good as the old stuff was. So far I'm really satisfied. Also have a prime 4 channel to hook up this weekend.
yeah the primes are decent for the money but new doesnt come close to old imo... lol im running a rf punch 301m now... and loving it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

w30olds

w30olds
Braselton, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date