rockford fosgate p3 shallow mount subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
(p3sd212) has anyone heard of these new subs, and what do they sound like? i have a 2002 ford f150 supercab and was going to put a single 12 inch dvc 2 ohm in a sealed vehicle specific enclosure under the rear passenger side seat. the box has .84 cubes of airpace and the sub is 400 watts rms. i also have a rockford punch 360 a2 amp ( its an older model, which i think are better) that will power it. source unit is a pioneer deh-p3000ib with eq's and sub output control. do u think this amp will be enough to get max performance out of the sub, and if so, how would you wire it? im not sure if this amp is 2 ohm stable. thanx for any input

That amp is little on the higher side for that sub. The sub is rated for 400 watts, the amp puts out a rated 450 watts and from the reviews I read they bench tested around 580 watts. So you could use this amp, but you better make sure someone who knows what they're doing sets your gains for you or your gonna blow your sub. The sub says it's 400 watts RMS, and 800 watts max, this doesn't mean the sub is going to handle 800 watts of music. Quick bursts of power that high and it should handle it, but you really want to keep it at the RMS level.

thanx spl. now that you say that, i think i remember when i bought that amp a while back, it tested for 575 watts of clean power. i also went on rockfords websight and they have wiring diagrams as to how i should wire it for a 4 ohm load. thanx again

thanx spl. now that you say that, i think i remember when i bought that amp a while back, it tested for 575 watts of clean power. i also went on rockfords websight and they have wiring diagrams as to how i should wire it for a 4 ohm load. thanx again
The 575 watts was at the 4 ohm load. So be careful using that sub and amp combo. A lot of RF amps are under rated, as are some of their Power series subs, not sure about the Punch series subs though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.