Rockford 2500.1bd-cp

You can run those sa's either at 4 ohms or 1 ohm on that amp with the gain set appropriately, however, the size of your enclosure will play a part on how much power you intend to feed them.

I would like to stay at 4 ohms so I will not overpower them. This amp makes 1500-2000watts rms at 4 ohms shouldn't that be ok if my box is on the small side?

OK thanks Sonic. I have the Rockford amp just want to get 2 12's that handle 1500-2000watts total. Would a TC Sounds LMS-r be a better choice than the SA's if I was looking for SQL?

OK thanks Sonic. I have the Rockford amp just want to get 2 12's that handle 1500-2000watts total. Would a TC Sounds LMS-r be a better choice than the SA's if I was looking for SQL?
Dont have any exp with that tc but most people stay away from the new tc's.
I would recommend:

2 of this XCON 12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 1750W XCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

or

2 of this Sundown Audio Z v3 12" Sub woofer 1500W RMS Subwoofer - SSA STORE

or

2 of this http://store.ficaraudio.com/bl12/

I love how the Sundown Z's sound. I was considering them for my next build but everyone I know powers them with around 2,000 watts each. Would a pair of Z's still hit hard at 750w rms each? I prefer the bass to be loud even at lower volume on the headunit too that's why I think the SA's will be a better choice on the power I'm planning on running (1500w rms at 4 ohms).

Thought you were going to go down to 1 ohm, hence why I suggested the higher rms subs.

With 1500 watts rms, I would do the ssa gcon's or the sa's. The gcons would be my first choice in this application.

You could probably run the SA's on that RF 2500.1, but it seems like a bit much. Like prior in this thread, I'd change up your subs. I love both that amp and those subs, but I'm sure it could be better for the power and money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.