Reverse Mount Subs question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blackterror

hey,

I'm relatively new to audio and a buddy of mine is helping me design my audio setup. I have purchased 2 12" kicker L7 subs and am getting the KX1200.1 amp and also later buying the R5 component set. I am interested in mounting my subs in my trunk in a custom enclosure and my friend told me that when you reverse mount subs they dont' sound as good (meaning cones facing front of car, magnets in trunk). Just wondering if this is true? Thanks for helping a newbie.

Terror

that probably won't happen, if it does it will be so small of a sound quality loss that you won't even be able to hear it.....but i'd try facing those subs in all different directions in you car to see what sounds best.....every cars acoustics are different and different positions can sound better/worse and get louder/quieter but it won't make that big of a difference in sound quality if any, and remember if you make a ported box to make it plenty big, l7's like their ported boxes big //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.