Resonant Engineering SX 15"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Loudrango112
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
I was trying to just go from my little W0's to something with alot more UMFH to it. Frist thing I did was ask around my town for what subs to get and how much they where. The confusions started then not only did everyone list 1000 differnt subs to get, but some people had differnt prices for the same subs... then I decided to look around the internet my self. I found this website and started to talk around and see what everyone had. Come to find out alot of people had alot of brands that I never even had heard of. But the one that was talked bout the most was the Adire, and Resonant Engineering. I looked into both of the companys to see what they had, and I also asked the people with the subs as well what they thought. Eventually almost 80% of the people I talked to were telling me to just narrow my pick to RE. Eventually I was giveing Dave's screen name and I talked to him, he told me the prices for each sub and what there Positives and negitives about them. After talking to some more people and getting some feedback about each sub I finally picked the SX. Having not delt with a 15 before, I decided to try it out and get one. After selling my stupied old system, I got the money and purchased the SX from Dave (which btw, Dave thanks again dude your AWESOME!). Finding out that dave WASNT a dealer from a differnt part of the country Like JL, was really cool to know that you can talk to someone that works RIGHT there in the company, and get that kind of support. After buying my sub for a un-godly cheap price of 260 shipped, I had to go throught the worst time of all... WAITING (ARGHHHHHHH). Finally after a week of pain, I get it on my door step, and just like everyone else, I RAN to that ***** ripped it open and just stared in awe. I looked at the cone and felt its texture and how it was built insainly good, after I finshed pulling the beast out of the box (which I was amazed by the weight was really heavy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )I looked at its magnet... and ohhh puppy does this thing have a HUGE magnet! Ater almost being in tears from happyness, I had to put this baby down to rest in my room till my amp came, and my box was finish being build. After another week of pain and torture of just letting it sit in my room. Everything came in. I hooked up my beastly amp, and got my sub drilled into my box, I connected everything up, turned everyone on and up alittle to break it in. ALREADY I could feel the power that this thing had, I had it turned up so little and the excursion that it was make was insain! After about 2 hours of it bumping on low settings I got to do what I had been wanting to do for weeks... TURNED IT UP, I put all my settings to where they sounded best and just stood back and listened to how it sounded.... It was so loud and such a nice sub that I had to call all my friends over. After all one of them show up ( had to throw some humor in this) after about 10 or so of them roll up, I turn my car on and pause my cd player, and go hey hows it sound, they replyed WTF I dont hear anything, then I cranked the volume and unpaused it, played it for like 10 seconds and then paused it again. I got out of my car to see what everyone was saying about it. Almost every single persons mouth was dropped, and the ones that werent were to busy fixing there hair from the air that blew out of my port. I dont know what more to say besides how nice/loud/insain this sub is. Im so happy that I purchased this speaker and I would of even paid more for it. I can tell you right now RE isnt big around here... BUT I can easily see in about a year or two that this company will be as big if not the best company in the nation!

Even if you dont get an SX try and get RE they are an awesome company, you wont be disipointed!

Also I know what I posted wasnt the best... Im no good at stories... EMAIL ME!!

get on AIM Ecko072unltd

anything you want to know about sound or anything let me know! Im here to help you out! I was helped out into this... So im here to help you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Loudrango112

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Loudrango112
New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies