Replacement head unit advise for 2006 GMC with factory Navigation radio installed

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze70

I have a 2006 GMC 2500HD Crew cab with the Navigation type factory radio. The truck has steering wheel controls and OnStar. I am recent owner of about 1 year and the old owner never updated the Navigation which works off DVD and is cost prohibitive to update and it ***** as well. I am wanting what the best head unit for replacement to get:

1) radio of course that plays all music type with AV input and USB on front (front port not absolute)

2) keep my steering controls (got to keep these)

3) bluetooth capable

4) Would like navigation with lifetime updates and lifetime traffic updates (if possible, think I saw them)

5) XMSirus capible

6) Back up camera option

7) fit without having to modify dash

8) Keep the Onstar functional if possible (I dont use but I hate making an option non-funtional)

I came here because I heard this was the best forum, I know this are a lot of requirments but hopefully someone will know what I need. I have looked but can't find everything I need and I figure someone here will know right away.

Once I have the head set, let me know what other adapter/cables will be needed to make this work. Also if someone is in the Dallas area that installs, let me know I will need that also.

i have a double din for you ,no bluetooth tho.or navi ,is a dvd rear usb ,ipod cord and remote 275 shipped ,you'll also need the steering control unit as well as the integration module which should be about another 160 - 200 more.if you want a deck with navi ,bt, your looking at 700+ easy but i can help you if needed

The "best" is going to be pricey

What's your budget?

Most of Eclipse, Pioneer, and Alpine medium to upper level double din's should be able to give you all of those features.

No matter what you get your going to spend at least $80 in wireharnesses to use the steering wheel controls in addition to the factory nav. Do you know if the stock system amplified?

Thank you mylows10 but bluetooth is one of the more important items. -West, I have the budget to get whatever but I am not a type that has to have the lastest thing and be first to get it. I usually want for prices to fall before I get items. But by my list you think I might have to buy one of those very high end units? What would be your suggestion by what I am wanting but keeping the price down some. And if by keeping the price down, what would I have to give up. I do not know if it is amplified or not. It is a touch screen radio/navigation factory unit. Im sure if you have seen them before or not.

Thank you mylows10 but bluetooth is one of the more important items. -West, I have the budget to get whatever but I am not a type that has to have the lastest thing and be first to get it. I usually want for prices to fall before I get items. But by my list you think I might have to buy one of those very high end units? What would be your suggestion by what I am wanting but keeping the price down some. And if by keeping the price down, what would I have to give up. I do not know if it is amplified or not. It is a touch screen radio/navigation factory unit. Im sure if you have seen them before or not.
That narrows it down some.

I would advise you to shy away from Pioneer's mid range line, I was disappointed with the sound quality...

To be fair they are pretty easy to use and have good features.

I would look around ebay or the forums for a bargain.

And would probably go with an older eclipse or kenwood line

Kenwood DNX5190 - or earlier models.

Prehaps this:

Kenwood DNX-6980 Car LCD DVD GPS Navigation, BlueTooth, Pandora, USB 2-DIN 019048192707 | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...