Repairing a RE XXX 15?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jdg784
10+ year member

Yep..I'm God
I have had this sub for about 2 1/2 years, and somewhere along the line one of the voice coil wires disconnected itself. I was running it off a JBL 1200.1. I don't know i f I should ship it back to RE for repair/diagnosis or let a local shop handle it...what do you guys think? Shipping is going to be ridiculous on this beast...

Did the tensil leads just come off, or is there something wrong with the voice coil inside the sub? If it's just the leads where they connect to the terminal then have it repaired locally... if it's the coil then ship it off.

Well, the tinsel lead came off, and I repaired it...but It seems as if something is wrong with the coil...and I can't exactly hook it up because ...get this...a freaking bolt of lightning fried my alt, my amp, and my radio...not to mention half the fuses in my car....I'll probably just ship it off to them,

shipping was too expesive for my to send my XXX to get reconed

they sent me the kit, then my local shop did it for 30 bucks

they did an excellent job i might add as well.

i'd go locally, forget shipping on that thing......... but if you get it sent off back to RE you know you got the ppl that built the beast healin it so it just depens who you trust the most, if the ppl at your local shop are qualified enough to do it and have confidence i'd just take that option and save some $$$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jdg784

10+ year member
Yep..I'm God
Jdg784
Suwanee, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date