Remote wire has power but wont turn on?

Marthz

Hello everyone, facing a bit of a problem here. I put another 12" into my truck today, and now amp decided not to turn on anymore.

I checked the remote wire, and it is getting 12.5v at both ends of the wire. I jumped the power and remote wire, and the amp turns on, and works just fine. All fuses are good.

It still happens even when I disconnect the new subwoofer. So it must've done something to it when I first hooked it up. Because when I first put it in, everything turned on perfectly, and banged. Had them in for a good 12 hours now, and no problems. This just happened within the last hour.

Can't think of what would be causing it. Any ideas?

What is your new ohm load now that you have added the subwoofer? What is the lowest ohm load your amp can go? What was your voltage drop ?

Edit- Sorry I read your question wrong

If you have 12VDC at the remote-turn on and battery connection of the amp, more than likely the amp is in protection mode. Either re-configure the sub wiring or look into a new amp that can operate at lower ohms.

If you have 12VDC at the remote-turn on and battery connection of the amp, more than likely the amp is in protection mode. Either re-configure the sub wiring or look into a new amp that can operate at lower ohms.
Running a DX500.1 , both are wired at 2ohm , and they are connected in parallel. So bringing it to a 1ohm load. However the amp is 1ohm stable as far as I know?

"I jumped the power and remote wire, and the amp turns on, and works just fine."

Concentrate on issues with your original remote since you say it works going from the power to remote. Re-check connections or run temporary line from hu.

I've been messing with it all day, and still same problem. I measured the power lines again, and for some reason Im only getting 5v at the amp, from both power and remote. At the beginning of each wire it's reading 14v , but at the amp its reading 5v. This is a BRAND NEW amp.

You more than likely fried the amp. You pulled a 1 ohm load from an amp that doesn't like to go below 2. That's why it "banged" for a "little while" and won't turn on now.

You could try taking off the amp's cover and checking out the guts for any burnt up components.

You more than likely fried the amp. You pulled a 1 ohm load from an amp that doesn't like to go below 2. That's why it "banged" for a "little while" and won't turn on now.
You could try taking off the amp's cover and checking out the guts for any burnt up components.
It works when I jump it with the power though. Barely, but I mean it doesnt go into protection mode unless I have it playing louder than a whisper.

If it turns on when you jump the remote over to the positive that means one or the other is not getting power. Check your fuse for your power wire from your battery.

But if its the fuse then it blew for a reason. People said that amp is only 2 ohm stable so I'd look into that.

If it turns on when you jump the remote over to the positive that means one or the other is not getting power. Check your fuse for your power wire from your battery.
But if its the fuse then it blew for a reason. People said that amp is only 2 ohm stable so I'd look into that.
Thanks this helped me fix it. It was the power wire fuse. It didn't look blown at all, but surely enough it was. Now it slams again

Check out your amp specs though. If your running at 1 ohm and that amp is only 2 ohm stable your will keep blowing the fuse and possibly fry the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.