remote start

MiSeRy
10+ year member

loves company
my wife is wanting a remote start for her 02 vw jetta. does anyone have any reccomendations for just a remote start with keyless entry trunk button and climate control. the guy at circuit city said to get the valet 561r. any one have any complaints about the 561r or any other reccomendations for a remote start?

my wife is wanting a remote start for her 02 vw jetta. does anyone have any reccomendations for just a remote start with keyless entry trunk button and climate control. the guy at circuit city said to get the valet 561r. any one have any complaints about the 561r or any other reccomendations for a remote start?
Only downside your looking at with the 561 is no keyless built in and comes with one remote. If you want keyless go to the python1400xp. has a little bit better range from what ive seen and it comes with two remotes. They will charge you extra for the trunk pop, and youll probably need a relay, which is like 10 bucks.

you're going to want to find someone that's done one of those cars before. It's not a cut and dry install and you don't want your wife's car messed up!

Like above units w/ built in keyless and 2 remotes are better...ie Viper 160xvl

either that python or the viper 160xv which is 229 at best buy, ur gonna be $350 deep into this in the end. but it is well worth it for like $100 more u can get her the 160xvl which has the 1 mile range.

either that python or the viper 160xv which is 229 at best buy, ur gonna be $350 deep into this in the end. but it is well worth it for like $100 more u can get her the 160xvl which has the 1 mile range.
I think you meant to say Viper 160 xvL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Only downside your looking at with the 561 is no keyless built in and comes with one remote. If you want keyless go to the python1400xp. has a little bit better range from what ive seen and it comes with two remotes. They will charge you extra for the trunk pop, and youll probably need a relay, which is like 10 bucks.
How is keyless not 'built in'? It has standard negative lock/unlock triggers 'built in'.

no i ment the 160xv. the xvL is the 1 mile range one as i am well aware that u know.

Actually I confused myself by reading quickly. You posted both and I read it backwards...eh pay me no attention...Im tired. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Actually I confused myself by reading quickly. You posted both and I read it backwards...eh pay me no attention...Im tired. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i am not gonna let u live this down! just playing i do it all the time

561r can do doorlocks... it's just not included in the labor... why i don't know. Usually for trunkpop I just have the sales guys charge the price of the relay($10).

561r can do doorlocks... it's just not included in the labor... why i don't know. Usually for trunkpop I just have the sales guys charge the price of the relay($10).
That is what i meant. It is dumb, depending on whos doing the install i will do the same thing just get a relay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.