Remember when???? What is your fondest memories of or about Car audio or something specific you remember back in the day.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Moved from Thunderdome section.

So for me it was 2 things

1. So my first car was my parents hand me down 87 Olds Cutlass Supreme 2 door with 1/2 top and side lights. 3.6 6cly no power but can cruse great. Senior in high school. Young and dumb and broke. Had a part time job at a local gas station collecting the cash and also ended up doing some oil changes and tire repairs and so on. You remember back in the day of Full Service gas stations. I had already installed a Pioneer HU and oh couple amps and speakers and subs. So in are auto shop class in HS we had already tinkered around on few students car's and sound systems. I had purchased this Pyramid 7 band spectrum analyzer EQ. You remember the one that had the 7 band spectrum analyzer lights they moved up and down to the signal. We installed it in my car and at the time it sounded and looked so good that the other students also wanted it. That was the day. WOW a 7 band EQ spectrum analyzer with moving lights and all.

2. So this same car this Cutlass Olds i had, about a year later i was woken up one Sunday morning by my mom saying there are two Policeman at the front door from are local police dept looking for you. WHAT!!!!!! We had got home late last night Saturday night from a friends house party. OH crap what now. Turns out, I had parked my car in front of the house. I thought we lived in a decent neighborhood middle class neighborhood. When I arrived at the front door the two policemen asked if i was so and so and i said yes and then they said do you own a 87 Olds Cutlass Supreme and i said yes. Do you know where it is at the moment. As I looked out past the two policemen out the front door i said, It is parked right out front of the hou----- did not finish my last word house because the car was not parked in front of the house anymore, just was not there, gone. Well i said i told then i had parked the car there in front of the house. Well they went on to explain that a local police dept from a few cities over has come across an abandoned 87 Olds Cutlass Supreme matching my car description and license number and traced it back to me. OH man talk about my mouth just dropped out onto the floor. My first thing that came to mind was my car then second was my audio system. Turns out that is what had happened. The a-holes that stole my car and hot wired it drove it to a dead end street in a few cities over and stole my sound system. Butchered it up. Just ripped out the equipment. They told me where it was at. So when i finally arrive in about 1 hour there was a police officer standing by watching it and had not touched anything. The doors and trunk where wide open. And yes all that had gone was the sound system. Even the custom made sub box and subs in it. And the amps that were attached to the box. They did the finger print stuff and some investigation but as you know nothing ever happened and no one was caught.

Well that was my two fondest memories from the past in car audio.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.