REM light

Participant count
  • Participant list

fusion
10+ year member

OK when i hook up my amp no light comes on.. i put the ground to the ground hookup and the positive to the REM hookup and a get a temporary status light then it just shuts off...i need to know if this is a good thing or a bad thing and what you think i should do...

Thanks Fusion

OK when i hook up my amp no light comes on.. i put the ground to the ground hookup and the positive to the REM hookup and a get a temporary status light then it just shuts off...i need to know if this is a good thing or a bad thing and what you think i should do... Thanks Fusion
what kind of amp is it? the ground should go to the negative(-) (as it seems it is) and the positive(+) should be hooked up to a fused line from the battery. the REM should be hooked up to either the ignition wire or the remote turn on coming from the head unit.

There might be a problem with the amp though...i ask what kind of amp it is because most amps...the light should come on whether the power wire is connected or not, as long as theres a remote and a ground connection.

its a fusion 900 watt power plant.... and i hooked it up thourg a splice in the speaker wire and nothing happened and the was not even any power light on but i hooked the gnd to gnd and positive to positive and nothin happend then tryed the positive to the rem hookup and got a temporary status light(red light)... i just cant get the power light to come on so i need to know where i could be going wrong or the power is stoping.... i also need to know if you need a wiring harness or can i just hook it up straight to the head unit....

Thanks

its a fusion 900 watt power plant.... and i hooked it up thourg a splice in the speaker wire and nothing happened and the was not even any power light on but i hooked the gnd to gnd and positive to positive and nothin happend then tryed the positive to the rem hookup and got a temporary status light(red light)... i just cant get the power light to come on so i need to know where i could be going wrong or the power is stoping.... i also need to know if you need a wiring harness or can i just hook it up straight to the head unit....Thanks
there should be three terminals for power on the amp...and depending on how many channels the amp has...around 4 additional terminals. so thats 7 in total. the three power terminals are the +, -, and REM. + goes to battery, - goes to ground, and REM should be spliced into the ignition wire on your car (it might be a red wire that goes to the headunit). the ignition wire gets power only when the car is on. if i understand you correctly, you're trying to turn on the amp with the speakers. thats a no no. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif. the 4 speaker terminals go to the + and - of the speakers (or subs). now...thats how the setup should be,,,,if anything i just said doesnt make any sense just let me know..im a little tired and too lazy to read what i just said lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.