Reinstalled headunit. No power, fuses are good.

Participant count
  • Participant list

KMS
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SoCal
I put the headunit in the bay and wired it through the harness. Go to turn the car on and the headunit isn't turning on. Take it out and wire it directly to the battery with both red and yellow together. Still nothing.

You can hear the insides moving and trying to read a cd but that's all it does. The eject button works also and dongle looks fine. Everything seems fine but nothings working. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Just checked the prongs in the dongle with a test light and the yellow and red wires are getting power. So it must be the headunit it's self. I'm thinking the connection between the faceplate and the headunit. :\

sometimes you need to clean the gold contacts with alcohol on a qtip to take care of build up.......and make a better connection
Thanks for the tip. I was going to do that with alcohol right now haha. Better contact with the gold contacts?

Still don't work. **** this piece of ****. Never buying Kenwood again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.