Reflection of Bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hjbennett
10+ year member

No idea how ro search for this question. 12" xfl in trunk. Siding box to within 10 inches of rear produces major increase in bass. So, if i slide my box back into trunk and build a wall 10 inches from sub will this give me same results? Would definitely give me a bit of free trunk space. Unsure how this works, i figure the sub is hitting off the rear of trunk for rebound or whatever so a wall should do same. Anyone wanna educate me?

when you put your box in like that, it allows the sound wave to travel further, instead of half the wave. i am by no means an expert, but this is the way it was explained to me.

when you put your box in like that, it allows the sound wave to travel further, instead of half the wave. i am by no means an expert, but this is the way it was explained to me.
Read the page I linked. It explains it with graphics without getting too technical.

If i place my box back into the recess in my trunk i could build a wall 10" in front of the sub and would have rear of trunk be free space. Rad the article. Basically says same thing i noticed. Closer to rear of trunk ore bass. So would the wall basically do same thing as the rear trunk wall and lid?

If i place my box back into the recess in my trunk i could build a wall 10" in front of the sub and would have rear of trunk be free space. Rad the article. Basically says same thing i noticed. Closer to rear of trunk ore bass. So would the wall basically do same thing as the rear trunk wall and lid?
Wat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.