Recommended Enclosures for SD-3 10

Hello all, I recently purchased an SD-3 10 for my Ford F-150 Supercrew. I've been searching the webs for the "perfect" enclosure, but they are either too big, too ugly, or ported (or crap).

Curious what others have done with the SD-3 10s that might help me narrow down my search.

Thanks!

CSCStang on here can build you a nice box. the new SD-3 line of shallows were designed for sealed boxes if i recall correctly

CSCStang on here can build you a nice box. the new SD-3 line of shallows were designed for sealed boxes if i recall correctly
They are designed to work well in a sealed, but will do well ported also. I'm starting on a box for the SD3 10 tomorrow. 2007 GMC Sierra under the back bench.

Recommended enclosure is .5 cu ft sealed. I am running mine in that currently and it sounds pretty nice firing forward in my F-150 super crew. I have the smaller portion of the rear seat flipped up and the sub is sitting right there . Lows would be much better if you can down fire it but I think the upper bass may suffer a bit. It sounds good enough for me in its current orientation but I may try it ported when I have the chance to build another enclosure. It won't get super loud but it has a nice sound to it that will compliment most music. If you want to boom this isn't the sub for you but if you want some nice bass to fill out your music then it should make you pretty happy

Bingo. It would be my ultimate preference if only the people in my car knew I had a Sub. I don't want to shake and rattle anything. I just want to be immersed in good sound. =D

bassbox 6 use it and find out what will work best for that woofer if you have the spec sheet.Call cherryman he has bassbox 6 software plus he can build bad *** boxes too!!!! Just got him to build me one for 3 american bass xfl.It is phenomenal really!!!

How does it sound? How does it do with rap? Can you feel it in your chest? I'm thinking of doing 2 of these in my truck (same model as yours) but I'm so torn between 2 10s and 2 12s... feedback appreciated.

How does it sound? How does it do with rap? Can you feel it in your chest? I'm thinking of doing 2 of these in my truck (same model as yours) but I'm so torn between 2 10s and 2 12s... feedback appreciated.
I got mine purely for SQ...And for that it is perfect. I don't have it maxed out or extremely loud. If you doubled it up and added a little more gain I imagine it would sound great, but this is my first system with a dedicated sub. It would certainly fill the cab EASILY, kick drums sound incredible.

I don't have much rap, but I turned on a few Nelly/usher tracks I have and it sOunded pretty **** to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you want to dig down super low, you may want to err on the side of the 12s, but for the amount of space these save, really tough to beat.

VZ S5 Lollipop custom

I got mine purely for SQ...And for that it is perfect. I don't have it maxed out or extremely loud. If you doubled it up and added a little more gain I imagine it would sound great, but this is my first system with a dedicated sub. It would certainly fill the cab EASILY, kick drums sound incredible.
I don't have much rap, but I turned on a few Nelly/usher tracks I have and it sOunded pretty **** to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you want to dig down super low, you may want to err on the side of the 12s, but for the amount of space these save, really tough to beat.

VZ S5 Lollipop custom
Thanks for the feedback. How did you describe the rap though? Whatever curse word you used got beeped out and I can't tell if it was negative or positive towards the low end bass lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

meetloaf

meetloaf
Idaho falls, ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
is_250