Recommended airspace for Kicker L7, sealed

Participant count
  • Participant list

crnacnac
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Anyone familair with KIcker L7's? A friend bought a repo deckboat. It has 3 12" dual 2 ohm L7's mounted in the side of the boat, not under a bench seat to use as an enclosure. I pulled one L7 out and there is no encloure. I can fit about 3 grown bodies in this cavern where the subs are mounted. They are wired to 1.34 ohm to a 1 ohm stable amp putting out @2000w to them. Kicker recommends .88-2.00 for sealed encloure. Can someone recommend a more exact optimum enclosure size? *

Putting an L7 in a sealed box is like buying a Corvette to drive to church and get groceries on the weekends. Tremendous waste of potential, even if that potential has the tendency to sound like the beer shits.
True, I told OP sealed specs, but if you really want the L7s to perform like they were designed: give them each 4.5cu in a ported box tuned to 34-36hz

I have heard the L7 in both sealed and ported boxes and like the sealed better. The ported ones I heard were way louded, but the sealed sounded better and more musical. Either way, around 3 cubed sealed is right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.