Recommendations?

Hawkins

I’m looking for a nice double din touch screen. I want the three, 4v pre-outs, good sound quality, and all that. I know you can get better SQ out of single din decks, but I want all the bells and whistles of a touch screen too. I can’t decide on Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, or Alpine even though Alpine seems to be completely out of my price range. I’d like to keep it around $300-$400. I’ve seen many good deals online from each brand like a Pioneer 2300NEX for $320 or the 490BS for $270 I think. As for Kenwood there’s a local shop selling the DDX9704S for $450 and I might be able to stretch that if it’s worth it over a Pioneer. I also forgot to mention I want the full 7” screen with the buttons along the bottom. The buttons along the sides bother me

Try the AVH-490/491 from Pioneer. I have the 490 installed in my wife's vehicle. Also check on the NEX lines like the AVH-2300NEX. Has what you're looking for as far as the 4v pre-outs and 13 band graphic eq, plus has apple carplay and android auto.

Try the AVH-490/491 from Pioneer. I have the 490 installed in my wife's vehicle. Also check on the NEX lines like the AVH-2300NEX. Has what you're looking for as far as the 4v pre-outs and 13 band graphic eq, plus has apple carplay and android auto.
What’s the main difference between the 491 and the NEX? Just CarPlay and such? I can get an older X5800BHS for around $200, but if one of the newer units is worth it then I’ll drop the extra cash. Found the 5800 for sale in my area on Facebook, so if it’s worth it I have to jump on it quickly. I’m not even sure what CarPlay does, but I do have an iPhone so if it’s a feature I’d get a decent amount of use out of, I’d go for it as well. Also since you’re recommending Pioneer I’m going to assume they’re better than the Kenwoods I mentioned or of equal value? I apologize for so many questions, but I’ve only ever had low tier single decks before and I definitely want something good this time around since I’m going to be keeping this vehicle for a while

With the 5800, from what I can remember, you can actually install a front facing camera along with a rear camera on the head unit.

As far as the NEX lines are concerned, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is what pretty much sets them apart from the the regular units. Also the higher end NEX lines comes with GPS.

I would take advantage of purchasing the 5800 at that price range too if you can. That’s a great deal. I have the 490 which is the same version as the previous model 4800, which doesn’t have the option to install a front facing camera. The 491/5800 are the same model except that the 491 was last year’s model and the 5800 was 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.