Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

ReeM

So, Im building a car and im on the audio part lol. So far I have

Infinity Kappa 63.9 6.25" speakers in the front and back.

Logic 2000 watt amp

Image Dynamics IDMAX12 V.3 D4 Sub

Logic Momo 3000 watt amp

Image Dynamics xs28 28MM SILK DOME TWEETERS PAIR 1"

I want speakers in the rear deck. Midbass or midrange.

I read that midbass is going to play your lower frequencies like up to 60 hz or wherever you set your crossover and midrange will play the frequencies between your midbass and tweeter. So maybe 1 of each?

Is a capacitor needed? Im also going to do the big 3 upgrade when I put in my new motor...along with a high output alternator and a separate battery in the back to run the system.

do not use a capacitor..a battery will be more reliable,and more sufficient,and mid bass for rears,at low volume/gain on the amp setting..imo..by the way ..welcome:santa:

So I have a 4 channel amp. I should get a separate amp to run the rears? SOmeone had said I can just wire them up with the rear speakers. I think they may have thought i was going with regular 3 way speakers.

You use the 4ch amp for your front,and rear speakers..i always use ch 1,2 for front left n right,3,4 for rear left n right..i always use red rca connection for right not to getr left n right mixed up of course/common practice..use your sub amp for subs of course..you sound like you will be just fine..if when you get started,and get in a bind,,come to ask about them,and several people if not myself can help direct you.

I would skip the midbass in the rear. Improve your front speakers and installation before looking into that. You can get better midbass with sound deadening techniques, but you should start with more capable speakers. Infinity isn't a bad choice, but they're not known for great midbass. You might find you don't need those Image Dynamics tweeters with 2 sets of coaxials.

I should rephrase that. I meant another amp for the speakers i want to put in the rear deck. What speakers would you recommend @trumpet? Im going for pure sound quality but i want a loud system. I want to be able to hear everything clear, all instruments etc.

dynamat floor, doors and entire trunk?

What I consider loud might be just getting the system warmed up to you, but I get plenty of sound from a 2-way active setup in the front and a 12" sub in the trunk. I'm concerned that you're thinking of adding more equipment before you've gotten anything installed. It doesn't take much to exceed the threshold for pain, and you don't seem to have a list of equipment for an SPL build.

In the past I've sold and installed Logic Soundlabs amplifiers. The power ratings are completely made up. I would stand by that statement even on their LSX, TXP, or QX lines. You can cut the total watts in half and consider that to be peak power. You know it's a bad design when they put a cooling fan in the middle of the TX line circuit board in a sealed chassis.

I would do the Big 3, but hold off on the extra battery. Even the high output alternator might be unnecessary unless you want it for future upgrades.

For sound deadening I'm a firm believer in using the right products in the places that need them the most. I recommend Sound Deadener Showdown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.