Recommendations for LOC around ~$100

Grabbit

SEA
I'm getting ready to install a 12 sub and mono amp in my GTI. It has the factory Dynaudio 300w system which is great. I don't want to rip that or the Nav unit out. Just looking to add some bass. With that being said what would be a good LOC to use for a mono sub amp? (ZX400.1) I don't want a cheapy $20 unit but do I really need something with summing and a bunch of other bells and whistles if it is only for the low end? (below ~140hz)

So another question......If I want some sort of remote bass level knob I've read a few threads where people don't recommend them. I guess more or less the knobs that hook directly to the amp itself. I thought this was just a remote gain control but one person even said it was a "remote woofer cooker". I'm a bit of a newb so I'm not really sure why. Would it be better for me to get a control knob for the line out voltage on the LOC such as the combo offered by Audio Control on the LC2I? I dunno I just want to be able to dial in the woofer for each style of music I listen to. Other than adding a sub I love the factory stereo in my GTI.

Really thinking about the Audiocontrol LC2i. It has a remote bass level. Can someone explain why it would be better to use a remote level controller on the LOC as compared to the amp itself?

Really thinking about the Audiocontrol LC2i. It has a remote bass level. Can someone explain why it would be better to use a remote level controller on the LOC as compared to the amp itself?
Its better not to use one at all. If your system is tuned properly you dont need a bass knob.

I'm not sure why you'd spend $100 on something that's some pretty simple circuitry (i.e. hard to screw up).

I just bought one of these as a temporary fix until I upgrade the stock deck in mine.

Amazon.com: PAC SOEM-T 2-Channel Premium Line-Out Converter with Remote Turn-On Trigger: Automotive

Pretty adjustable with different options (RCA in/out, line level in/out, plus it generates the remote turn on signal you need). Granted I haven't even powered it up yet, but that's just an example of what seems to be an adequate product for a reasonable price.

As long as your remote knob is only used to attenuate the signal, not boost it, it's a good feature to have. Whether it's connected to the amp or connected to your LOC should not matter. Set the gains with the output as loud as you'll ever want it without clipping the amp hard. You would need an oscilloscope to know if the amp and the LOC is clipping.

The subwoofer level is the #1 change I make on my system, and I wish I didn't have to use the remote control on my MS-8 to change it. A knob is more intuitive.

Its better not to use one at all. If your system is tuned properly you dont need a bass knob.
How is this to work if must people I would think listen to diff types of music with diff types of signals?Equip tuned to type of signal right? so diff music....diff signals.Or am I wrong in my thinking.I would think its the best thing to have.I always wondered and research this and still makes me think that I have no clue sumtimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.