Recomended amp for 2 10inch Type Rs?

Chitownss10

I just recently upgraded from a single 12inch kicker L7 to 2 10inch alpine type Rs in a vented box tuned to 36-37Hz. They're 2ohm type Rs running off of a hifonics HFI1000.1, the guy at my local car audio shop was telling me that hifonics ps aren't the greatest so I was wondering what amp would you recommend for these subs I want to throw around 800 watts rms to each sub. They're the older model with the grey cones I believe are rated at 600 rms and a 1000 peak.

Is there a problem with the current amp? Guy at the local shop wants to sell you a new amp, of course he's going to say it's no good...
this... keep the hifonics if it works, no need to get a new amp if so

Looking somewhere in the 200-250 range and I'm new to the car audio world so I wouldn't know how to wire them down to half an ohm. Would that be bad on the subs?

Looking somewhere in the 200-250 range and I'm new to the car audio world so I wouldn't know how to wire them down to half an ohm. Would that be bad on the subs?
No the subs will be fine. I have 2 amps that will work for you. One is 1350 rms at 1 ohm. If you run it at .5 you'll get 1500+. It's 270 shipped. The other is 2200 at 1 ohm and does 1500 at 2 ohms. It's 330 shipped. Both are new and have a 1 year warranty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.