Reciever for >$900

Participant count
  • Participant list

InhumanAcura
5,000+ posts

1/3ofTEAM PwNAGE..*****es
Cant make up my mind...

Looking at the Marantz SR8500, Yamaha RX-V2600, etc...have a LCD that is 1080 capable...

what other recievers would be considered to be in the same class/capabilities??

also, whats a good home audio/ht forum i can find some good info??

me = teh noob

Hmm that Marantz is a nice piece.... The Yamaha's are mhighly regarded as well. I'd also look into offerings from Pioneer (Elite) and Denon. You've got a lot of options in that price range.

What it would most likely come down to is the number of inputs/outputs and how the unit looks. The compitition is so high in that market it's tough to make a bad decision.

What it would most likely come down to is the number of inputs/outputs and how the unit looks. The compitition is so high in that market it's tough to make a bad decision.
exactly...thats why i cant make up my mind, lol..

anyone have any personal experience with units in the price range? or recommend a forum where i could find some people with some hands on info?

I really like the look of the marantz, but i dont want that to be my reason for buying it...then find out i could have spent less and got the same amount of performance if not more...

basically, money is not object up to $900 (lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif ) what would some of y'all go with?

Look at the new Denon
yeah, also looking at the avr-3806...pretty nice

yeah, also looking at the avr-3806...pretty nice
I have the year prior 3805 - it is a solid unit and works quite well - I quit using the main channels when I threw on my B&K 4433, but it definitely has some snort and a gob of features.

I have the year prior 3805 - it is a solid unit and works quite well - I quit using the main channels when I threw on my B&K 4433, but it definitely has some snort and a gob of features.
I also own this model and I have to agree its an extremely solid performer. The new 3806 also incorporates HDMI switching which my 3805 did not. But 120 watts/channel is quite worth the grand you'll pay for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

InhumanAcura

5,000+ posts
1/3ofTEAM PwNAGE..*****es
InhumanAcura
South Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date