reccommend me a sub, 750-900 watts RMS 1-2ohms

Weird I could of sworn they were stable at 1 ohms. And after looking at jl's pdf, the W6 is a dual 4 ohm sub but can only be ran in 3 ohms for parallel or 12w6 for series. Gay.
I'd like a loud sub with good sq. Let's hear everyone's opinion

I have 750 watts RMS at 2 ohms then.
the w6v2's can only be 2 or 8 ohms, not 3 ohms.

Say what??
A ported box will "hit" much harder vs a sealed box. And built and tuned correctly, will sound very, very good as well.
yeah, ported def. gets a lot louder. the nice thing about ported is your ability to tune it to get the most out of your sub and to satisfy your wants. sealed will always have the advantage over ported of having a much flatter response (ported/bandpass can be peaky), as well as being a bit "punchier" (keeps up with double bass kicks a bit better than ported)

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

If you can go ported, look into the DD2500 series.
They are a very capable driver and will fit the spl/sq requirements well.
yeah out of the subs i listed the DD would def. be the best choice. the SSA icon would beat it SQ wise but the DD will easily get the loudest. though i am not sure they like sealed boxes if the OP is really certain on going that route

yeah, ported def. gets a lot louder. the nice thing about ported is your ability to tune it to get the most out of your sub and to satisfy your wants. sealed will always have the advantage over ported of having a much flatter response (ported/bandpass can be peaky), as well as being a bit "punchier" (keeps up with double bass kicks a bit better than ported) 

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

yeah out of the subs i listed the DD would def. be the best choice. the SSA icon would beat it SQ wise but the DD will easily get the loudest. though i am not sure they like sealed boxes if the OP is really certain on going that route
for the most part but in a properly designed ported app, you can have just as flat of a response and the ability to dig deeper.

If you have ever noticed, some of the best home audio speakers are ported. Some of the best home subwoofers are ported as well.

(Take a look at the best recording studio speakers, 99% are ported)

Model up some subs in Bass box pro or any modeling program and you will see ported apps that are just as flat as sealed designs along with

lower extension.

However, the one BIG down fall of a ported app is the lack of cone control below tuning.

Hmm, that's really weird cause when I downloaded the v2 pdf, it must of gave me the v1. But hmm, now its in between a dd2512 or a w6v2.
The w6v2 is a great sq woofer by all means but the 2512 can/will give it a run in that dept. I still would think the w6v2 will have the edge in the sq dept but the 2512 is a much better, stronger all round sub. It will definitely win in the "SQL" and SPL dept.(and cheaper to boot)

yea that amp is not a 1ohm stable. and itz really not 750@2ohms, kicker amps are under rated and on my Kicker zx750.1 it has a birth sheet of 926, so itz pushing about 926@2ohms. try to get a sub or subs that match up that load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.