Rear loading horn design for HDC15 [completed]

Participant count
  • Participant list

surreal
10+ year member

On my katy perry sht
OK
Rear loading horn design for a member of another forum by the name of dirtrida4eva and his HDC15. Going in the hatch of a Celica so we were working with some space restrictions though it didnt turn out to be an issue.

Request was for good overall output through the range with good low end extension. This enclosure shouldnt have a problem played slowed music, and will still vibrate your face off in the upper ranges.

Will also provide wonderful power handling and better sound over a standard vented enclosure.

viewsharehdc15horntbh.png

viewsharehdc15horntbh2.png

I personally love these as there is nothing better than the look of a huge *** port!

Cost depends on complexity of the design normally. You can find my website at TheBoxHouse, Enclosure designs or clicking the image in my sig.

And as a moot point, this specific design is just like PWK does but half the price, less with the coupon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Edit - Also, I wasnt aware he was a member here- haha.

hah. yeah. i was on a two week "vacation" because some one got angry when i asked them if they were "mad bro?"

might definately be having to use this soon.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Haha, I believe I am allowed to say that here so.. umadbro?

And Nine - If you have a tablesaw and a router (hopefully standard equipment) you can. If not, bug a neighbor, a local shop, or again - Pro-rabbit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I do believe Rabbit would have the best prices, but I dont see why a local shop couldnt build something if you gave them the design plans. Or before I had my tools I went to a place here called M&M lumber, and had them cut my wood. Only cost a few bucks and I knew everything was done right. Check if your local lumber yard will cut for you, we have a "door shop" they do it in.

i gots the big ol table saw. router im sure i can dig one up from somewhere in the shop.lol

and it was too a moderator.haha never again might i say.

now is that horn/interior port on an angle? how would i allign that correctly? or is that listed in the actually blueprint deal.

Yes, it is at an angle. The blueprints tell the story, but only where the port piece meets the front baffle is it angled. This one was 4 degrees if I recall correctly. So instead of the wood making a normal 90* bend, itll be 94. Just run it through the tablesaw set to 4* slant and the rest of the pieces attach normally forming the right angle. They will naturally form the correct angle (and should form the correct measurements and widths) because of this.

Make sense?

.75" as standard. Which is fine for such a design.

Get to building.. I want to see pics of this thing.

will do. i might be adjust this plan a bit with a flush mount. i believe it wouldnt affect much?

im waiting for the sub first. not that i get a broken/messed up sub, and have a box done.

Haha, I believe I am allowed to say that here so.. umadbro?
And Nine - If you have a tablesaw and a router (hopefully standard equipment) you can. If not, bug a neighbor, a local shop, or again - Pro-rabbit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I do believe Rabbit would have the best prices, but I dont see why a local shop couldnt build something if you gave them the design plans. Or before I had my tools I went to a place here called M&M lumber, and had them cut my wood. Only cost a few bucks and I knew everything was done right. Check if your local lumber yard will cut for you, we have a "door shop" they do it in.
Yea I want to have it done by Pro-rabbit just waiting til I have the extra cash just got a yellow top I gotta pay off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

surreal

10+ year member
On my katy perry sht
surreal
OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date