real big problem here...inline fuse blowing before car is even started...

BFeezy
10+ year member

Sneakerhead
NY
alright this problem just started about four hours ago and ive had my system installed for three months, i found that i had popped a fuse so i replaced it. the fuse blew just as soon as i tried to reconnect my negative battery terminal...anyone know whats happening? it almost arced onto a watch i was wearing and scared the **** out of me...

the sub is an aq hdc3 and the amp is an audiopipe 3000d and the size of the fuse is 200a

you have a short somewhere. positive is touching negative (chassis) SOMEWHERE.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

sounds like you got a short.... positive is hitting your ground somewhere
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

do you have any ideas where i could check? i just had my interior apart and couldnt find anything

that wire is grounded out some where. check for cuts in the insulation or where the other end is connected. i know ive accidentally connected the positve and negative to the same post on dual input amps specifically the powercoustic gothic5500 since they are ++ -- and i accidentally thought they were +- +-.

first off... did you use a grommet for the power wire where it goes thru the firewall?
i didnt use a gromment, i put that hard plastic stuff around the wire and just used silicone to make a grommet

hmm. it's worth checking. are there any screws holding fuse holders to the car that could've backed out and touched the POS wire? i had this happen and never noticed until i smelled it. as in, i had a fuse holder mounted to a metal brace in the trunk using sheet metal screws. one of the 2 screws backed out and was touching the battery side wire terminal (hence the fuse didn't pop) and the metal brace. it fucked up the wire and the holder, and damn near cooked my bird //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

These guys all have it...

Especially i like waffle...

anywhere the wire casing could have been cut and touching metal?

And btw no need to wry abt arcing its 12volts.... cant so squat to ya

its always fun to scare people by touching a car battery :p

And btw no need to wry abt arcing its 12volts.... cant so squat to yaits always fun to scare people by touching a car battery :p
it will fux yo watch up though. leave a nice mark on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

These guys all have it... Especially i like waffle...

anywhere the wire casing could have been cut and touching metal?

And btw no need to wry abt arcing its 12volts.... cant so squat to ya

its always fun to scare people by touching a car battery :p
Volts dont mean shit, its all about current:fyi:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.