Read this it's great

Participant count
  • Participant list

ddoty

Okay everyone here in the car install of the century for cheap people... I was in K-Mart yesterday and for shits and giggles I went to their "Car Audio" department well I stumbled upon a deal one Rampage 10" sub and a Jensen 2 channel amp, bought everything for 50 bucks because my mom wanted a little bump for her car, well I didn't have a box premade so I put it in one of my old ported truck boxes so I hooked it all up in my winter beater and low and behold I nearly **** myself when I turn my stereo on, I ran a DB test and that little bastard of a system put out 127.2 db I was friggin amazed! Peace out and remember always be on the lookout for that Rampage 10 in the rough!

not if only i could get one............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

Sun shines on a dogs......err?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just goes to show that even the worst of speakers can sound excellent in thier proper environment.

take it easy,

-zane

I've always wanted to do an install to prove once and for all that it doesn't matter what kind of equiptment you use, as long as you install it right, but never had the extra cash laying around. There are kids cruising around town with $5 grand worth of stereo equiptment in their trunks, and for once, i'd just like to embarrass the heck outta them with a pair of pyramid or jensen subs. I'm personally guilty of spending a little too much on my own setup, but I plan on showing my truck soon, so I wanted to do it all right, and with all JL Audio/Audio Art equiptment.

The thing that really amazed me is that your mom wanted to bump, hehe. I tried to talk mine into a playstation/LCD screen combo in her 97 buick lesabre, and you'd have thought I'd asked her to hide a terrorist in the trunk.

just got asked by my girlfriends aunt to put a second hand car stereo system together for her, she already has 4 2way 6 1/2s in her car, gave me $1000 for head/stacker and amp/sub... wanted to know if i could find a pair of 12s (anyone else find this more than mildly worrying?)

I don't like to be a non-beleiver, but i have troubles with beleiving that the rampage/jensen setup hit 120db!!!

Maybe i have got the db thing all messed up in my head, but im sure that my 2 kicker comp 10" will do better than that, right?

If i put 150rms into each sub, could you give me a ballpark figure of how loud it will be in my truck? (pure stock, no dynamat)

And, if that is true, kudos to the installer for finding that killer setup!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.