Re Xxx

I understand he helped me more than anyone on this thread, but did he have to respond the way he did? All I was doing was trying to get info on this sub, and he got really rude. No need for that.
He has told you his experiance with the sub and you said" Does anyone have any experiance"

he didnt help the Op really at all.
80inches did, i todl him pretty much the same thing on another forum, i have owned 3 of them and in huge or recommended boxes theres better got the money out there
He did so here:

Here:

Actually, a new XXX in the right [sealed] box will perform quite well. People just aren't willing to build a big enough box for them to see anywhere near their excursion potential without risking thermal failure well before. This problem is intensified even more so when they are placed into the tiny ported boxes everyone here loves. Dont blame the speaker for a shitty install procedure. I own old XXX's so if anything Im biased the other way, and even I can see the potential in the newer subs.
And Here:

Its like Im talking to a fucking wall. Whatever dude, go sell it cheap, chances look slim you will utilize it correctly anyway. Or pop it in a 2 cu.ft. ported box and then join the masses saying they ****.

I appreciate everyones help on this, thanks for all your feedback. i wasn't trying to start arguments, or make anyone upset. Like I said I understand he was helping me out, I was trying to get more than one persons feedback on this. All I said is that some of the ones who replied to this, made me feel like maybe I wasted my money.

I appreciate everyones help on this, thanks for all your feedback. i wasn't trying to start arguments, or make anyone upset. Like I said I understand he was helping me out, I was trying to get more than one persons feedback on this. All I said is that some of the ones who replied to this, made me feel like maybe I wasted my money.
I personally Wouldnt have bought it. It is a waste in my mind. But its not my stereo. What matters is your happy. If you just want loud then ported will be your bet. What are you using for power?

Audioholic is right on the enclosure part! I have ran 12" 15"and 18" xxx's the new xxx's are insane woofers, just the price kills them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif.

I understand he helped me more than anyone on this thread, but did he have to respond the way he did? All I was doing was trying to get info on this sub, and he got really rude. No need for that.
How many responses of mine have to be completely ignored before Im allowed to get frustrated?

After thinking about this a while, I apologize. If you want to ignore my help, that is your prerogative. I should have just posted my info, and moved on.

But thankyou grimreper for trying to help the situation.

I did not ignore you suggestions, I did pass them on to the person who is building my box, and he also thinks that a sealed enclosure would be the way to go, so thank you for your help on this, and I'm sorry if I disrespected you in any way.

The new style xxx's have the potential to move a **** ton of air in the proper sealed enclosure, i could dig up the thread from a different forum about "super woofers" and just how much potential the new xxx's have in sealed enclosures but the OP probably wouldnt listen anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I did not ignore you suggestions, I did pass them on to the person who is building my box, and he also thinks that a sealed enclosure would be the way to go, so thank you for your help on this, and I'm sorry if I disrespected you in any way.
You didn't disrespect me, I was being a sensitive little bitch. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The new style xxx's have the potential to move a **** ton of air in the proper sealed enclosure, i could dig up the thread from a different forum about "super woofers" and just how much potential the new xxx's have in sealed enclosures but the OP probably wouldnt listen anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Why wouldn't I listen?

Yadi bladi. If you can build boxes, try a few different boxes. I think the new xxx's look like an awesome sub. I'm not sure if I would drop that kind of coin on a sub (at least not new) and If I did, it would probably be on a havoc. Not to say that I don't want a xxx, I really don't have the space required though. If you can't build boxes, get a good box builder, and talk to him about what your wants and expectations are. You could even get fischer customs to design it and some one local to build it.

One issue with them is their incredibly soft spiders, and the lack of having enough of them. I've seen way more people smoke the newer ones vs. the older version. Good luck though, just try to keep an eye on your subsonic filter setting. If you're going to try to get them excessively loud, id turn the SS filter around 30....the 6 db roll off should keep you ok.

I have a new xxx 15. its in 4.3 cubes ported at 32 htz. I Love it. I'm only hitting the sub with 1200 rms at best. probably more around 1100 or 1000 @ least. The subs slams. I had to actually use 2 ton appoxy because the tweeters I have in the C pillars kept falling into the body panels. lol. they would get blown in. The wall of my truck flexs like crazy. Also the subs are amazing. I prefer ported boxes but that is because I like my stuff LOUD. but the way this sub sounds in to say the least amazing. as long as you have clean power to your sub you will be very pleased. Its a very loud sub. most ppl burn the spiders with way too much power. yes the new subs have been proven to run on 8k watts rms at 11 htz and run fine but you can run these subs with 4 or 5k all day long daily. dont know of many subs that can handle that abuse daily and last longer than 5 or 6 months. but the new xxx subs are great. as long as you have clean power and proper box designs. I had my box tuned to about 20 htz before and it wasn't loud with high bass but it really sounded very clean and very powerful down low. Bass i love you by bassotronics was insane. ( port was dropped in about .75 inches and caused a mishap in my port) but the sub is great I love it. don't let ppl tell you other wise. Just power it up and slam away.

I have a new xxx 15. its in 4.3 cubes ported at 32 htz. I Love it. I'm only hitting the sub with 1200 rms at best. probably more around 1100 or 1000 @ least. The subs slams. I had to actually use 2 ton appoxy because the tweeters I have in the C pillars kept falling into the body panels. lol. they would get blown in. The wall of my truck flexs like crazy. Also the subs are amazing. I prefer ported boxes but that is because I like my stuff LOUD. but the way this sub sounds in to say the least amazing. as long as you have clean power to your sub you will be very pleased. Its a very loud sub. most ppl burn the spiders with way too much power. yes the new subs have been proven to run on 8k watts rms at 11 htz and run fine but you can run these subs with 4 or 5k all day long daily. dont know of many subs that can handle that abuse daily and last longer than 5 or 6 months. but the new xxx subs are great. as long as you have clean power and proper box designs. I had my box tuned to about 20 htz before and it wasn't loud with high bass but it really sounded very clean and very powerful down low. Bass i love you by bassotronics was insane. ( port was dropped in about .75 inches and caused a mishap in my port) but the sub is great I love it. don't let ppl tell you other wise. Just power it up and slam away.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif good luck with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

puyallupn8ive

10+ year member
puyallupn8ive
Tacoma, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from