RE XXX 12" 05, PSI recone, need amp suggestions!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jookya

Michigan
I am working on my setup for my 12" re xxx '05 D2 (fresh psi recone) that I bought. I'm not sure the exact details on the recone but the original is 1600w rms max. I had it put in a spec sealed box for a 12" re xxx '05. It sounds good but the low lows really slam hard(like distorting hard). I'm not sure if the distortion is from the sub or just the physical space around it, or voltage drop(waiting on my ohio generator alternator). I'm currently running it on an arc audio KS1200.1 amp 1000wrms @ 1 ohm. This is fine considering I need to break this sub in due to the stiff spiders, but I feel the 1000wrms the ks1200.1 is giving it is alittle weak for the sub, hell the thing doesn't even move below 1/2 volume. It doesn't boom until max-ish volume.

I also am wondering if something is up with the 80prs i just bought. I had to increase my gains for the same volume over my 880prs. Both decks are supposed to have 5v pre-outs so the gain settings should be similar. Even still I feel I have to push things harder for the same volume as my 880prs. I also notice a slight hiss from my rear speakers and a noticeable noise floor. I'm using a sundown SAX 100.4 b for my highs. It is running a set of DynAudio system 220 mkII's and a pair of kenwood 6x9's in the rear, the 6x9's don't sound the greatest even with gain all the way down, they may be damaged though. My sundown amp gets hot as hell.

So I'm looking for suggestions for an amp for my RE XXX 05 12" with PSI recone. I don't want to lose the dampening that the arc amp has. I'm looking for something pushing 2000wrms at 1 ohm or 1500wrms at 4 ohm and I'm not looking to break the bank, something worth my arc amp and some cash.

I'd like something nice and not just run of the mill. I don't want to massively downgrade my KS1200.1 just to get some more wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.