Re-Vampin the loser cruiser

x1le
10+ year member

I'm certified.
Mass
So I've decided to switch up my sub stage and a few other things. I've been running these for a while -

25647_1349522791281_1627680832_824465_5627244_n.jpg

def. got loud but not low, whatsoever.

New build is based solely on budget. Using an extremely budget 12, hifonics mono 1krms and 4 channel amps, and stinger battery.

New box will be 2 1/4 cubes @ 32 hz. I will be building the box for my car based off of this box build by a member of another forum -

finished2.jpg

pics of equipment soon to come in a few days and build will be completed this upcoming weekend.

So I went out last weekend with a budget of $200 to buy everything I would need to build boxes @ home. I already had a jigsaw and circular saw, but they alone just weren't cutting it.

Ended up buying this off craigslist on the cheap. Then found an 8inch fence extension for this model on amazon. So it has a 20inch fence altogether.

img0556p.jpg

And then got this air compressor from harbor freight along with their brad nailer.

img8812g.jpg

.....and so the build began.

img3188c.jpg

img1038f.jpg

had some chrome spray paint lying around and decided to spray bomb the port with that

img5554v.jpg

finished

img5126el.jpg

img2887oj.jpg

still need to carpet it but I'm saving that for another day.

and I was very pleased with both the tablesaw and brad nailer.

I hung it because I thought it was interesting, and just unique, rather than just a box on he trunk floor. And I reallllllly doubt the box will move it all, but we'll see I guess.

n carpeted.

photovaj.jpg

had it blastin n the box doesn't move a morsel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I like the idea of it but am a little sketchy on the box being suspended above the floor like that as well. maybe put a few blocks underneath it for support. Don't like the idea of the amp sitting underneath the box in its own personal oven either but I'm just real picky about that anyways. Looks well built though man. What kind of sub is that?

Super cheap power acoustik sub I got on the cheap. Serves it's purpose tho.

And it may not look it in the pic, but amp has plenty of ventilation.

That's a really cool idea man. I have one of those same covers in my vehicle. I might have to steal your idea but have the subs rear firing instead and I'd rather have the box actually supported by the floor too. Good idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.