RE SX vs RE XXX - Is XXX worth the extra money?

bobo244
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I missed out on the 2 hcs for 300 deal so im choosing between the SX and the XXX. I know the XXX is god (or so they say on this forum) but is it worth the 200 extra dollars?

4 12 SX's or 2 15 XXX's?????

Anyone have any expierence with the SX?

Personally I would go for 2 15 XXX's over 4 12 SX's because it will be easier to make a box for, easier to power, and I would think cheaper as well but I could be wrong.

As for SX vx XXX, what I gather is that the XXX is a SQ woofer that gets really really loud with lots of power. The SX is more entry level SPL with good SQ. The SX should get loud with less power than the XXX. With lots and lots of power, the XXX will get louder (more thatn 1 kw I believe).

Either way, I'm sure you would be pleased. If you want to save some money, go for 2 SX 15's instead of 2 XXX 15's.

If you are looking for SQ then take the XXX hands down. The SX will have great SQ as well, but the XXX is top notch.

I have 2 HC's and compaired to the woofers I have heard the SQ is amazing. The SX is supposed to be as good or better. As for SPL, the HC's really wang for me, I love them. The SX is supposed to murder the HC for SPL.

Hope that helps a bit, also do a seach. There have been lots of questions on the SX and XXX in the past.

Good luck,

Craig G

I missed out on the 2 hcs for 300 deal so im choosing between the SX and the XXX. I know the XXX is god (or so they say on this forum) but is it worth the 200 extra dollars?
4 12 SX's or 2 15 XXX's?????

Anyone have any expierence with the SX?

wouldn't 2 15 xxx be $800 and 4 12 sx be $1000

I know the XXX is amazing in SQ but i dont have the money for "AMAZING" SQ. lol. "Good" SQ is perfect for me. I really wanting more spl for the dollar. Im still in school so money is tight.

since the SX needs less power that means less money on amps. (which is good lol) What is the RMS of the SX's??

I really appreciate good quality thats why i am dumping my audiobahns.

How do the edA, magnum d2, re SE, and the brahma compare in price/output/wattage requirements to the XXX and the SX??

What im saying is that i want quality bass that bets loud and doesnt sound like my audiobahn AWT15X. I currently have a concept 2400 watt amp. I am looking into buying another one so i should have 4800 watts to deal with.

sup bro im in the same situation as you are... i only have a 1000watt amp at 2 ohms so i guess the only option i have is the SX... i know the 15" SX is 300 shipped(dual 4 modded) and is 1000wrms.

the reason i ask how the SQ of the w6v2 is compared to the SX is because i own a 12w6v2 and the SQ is great, or at least i think so...

Magnum D2's 12 - 600w rms - 300 shipped

e12A.22 - 750wrms-1400peak - 295

Brahma - 1600 wrms - 379 - 12 439 - 15

RE SX 12 - dont know power handling - 249

RE XXX - 1600/2500 - around 400

RE SE - 600w - $????

Im thinking 3 12 D2's or 3 SX 12... or 2 15 XXX or Brahma..

ANY RECOMMDENDATIONS???? Which will give the deepest, loudest, "turn it down that hurts" bass?

Ok, I have a 15" SX and it far exceeds my expectations as an SPL woofer, SQ is great but I can imagine the XXX being better. I recommend getting 2 15" XXXs b/c 2400 rms will sound excellent in a ported enclosure tuned around 34 hz. It is worth the extra money to get the XXX in your case. btw, what car do you have, I am guessing an SUV.

You are way over analyzing this. If you don't compete, but you just want a loud, decent sounding system, for the love of God, don't buy two of these drivers, cause you don't know what you're getting into. Just buy one good sub, D2, XXX, W7, whatever you want, one decent amp, do a little research and buy/build a GOOD enclosure, and you'll be fine. I'll tell you now... if you've never owned one of these drivers and sat in a car day in, and day out with it... you sure as hell won't want two. Unless you're competing...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.