Re sx t/s ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Haunz
10+ year member

Packing 4/0
Anyone ever measure the T/S parameters of one of these guys well broken in?

I've got a brand new pair of 18" D1's made back in 2004 that I should do something with, and I'm thinking of putting them in my HT system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Woofersetc.com has a list of t/s but they don't have recommended box sizes. Theirs are d2 and d4 though. If going sealed, at least 5cuft, no clue on ported size though.

So far I've looked at 13.5 cubic feet (16.7 Net) ported to 20Hz which gives a 4db bass shelf in winisd with the published specs. I also looked at 11 cubic feet ported about the same frequency tonight. I was hoping after break in response would flatten out, but you can't really know until you get there.

I found one reference online stating FS of a new driver was 43Hz along with other varied parameters from the ones published. On the other hand I remember reconing a well used 12" for a guy and noting how loose the suspension was from mine which are still new.

I guess all I can do is break on in a bit free air for awhile and measure the parameters myself and make a judgment call on a box, or to just sell them. I've got a Dayton T/S tester but I don't really trust it, and it seems like a piece of crap to be honest. I can measure the traditional way but I'd have to put together a jig and lookup all the calculations so I can do them by hand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Haunz

10+ year member
Packing 4/0
Haunz
inside a sine wave
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date