RE SE10D2 compared to IDQ 10 V.3 D4

cichlid_baby
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here is what I have tried so far.

IDQ 10 D4 on RF BD1000.1 amp in a small .75 sealed box with the gain set only to minimum like less than 1/3.

Sub is rated 500 to 1000 rms but it seemed like it was struggling on that RF amp even with the gain down.

Now I am considering the RE SE 10 D2 to go with my NEW Sundown SAZ-1000d.

Is this sub really going to be able to handle the power is it going to struggle the same way the IDQ did?

I found that 250-300rms on my IDQ 10s was more than enough to reach full excursion in a sealed box.

Id say buy a Fi Q and put the RF amp at 1 ohm, or get the Sundown and put it at 1 ohm. Would work great in that sealed box.

IDQ wasn't even getting anywhere near that kind of power.. It's a D4 and wired down to 2 ohms.. the RF amp wasn't putting out full power at that load nor was the gain brought up much. IDQ still struggled with excursion limits.

Played sub for an hour and was terribly dissappointed, took out the RF and replaced with a cheap Alpine 500 watt mono amp from Best Buy thinking that less power would allow the sub to be more comfortable... and it did.. but suffered from lack of volume. One thing I liked about the IDQ was that at low volume, the sub was still amazingly clear and precise.. subs seemed to dissappear and was hard to locate.

Had enough with the IDQ.. now looking for another alternative. Not looking for SPL subs... more for SQ orientation.

Also tried two TYPE R's in a dual sealed box on the RF amp.. sounded loud.. but sounded like arse.. They hit nicely at high volume but a bit muddy... and sounded very annoying at low volume like just humming... but you knew they were coming from the rear of the truck.

Help,.... what about those FI q's? no where to test them locally.

Just take my word for it, the Qs are great sounding subs. Its Fi's sound quality sub, but they still definately get loud.

I guarantee you wont be let down.

Just take my word for it, the Qs are great sounding subs. Its Fi's sound quality sub, but they still definately get loud.
I guarantee you wont be let down.

Are we talking about the Fi Q's in a sealed box? or ported? I'm wanting cleaner, tighter, more crisp and accurate bass notes... not just loud and extended bass..

I tried to demo a few different systems but I have come to a generalization that ported boxes sound more loud but not as crisp and accurate as the sealed boxes.

Are the Fi Q's going to perform well in a sealed box? The many posts I have read are usually talking about them in ported boxes around 34 hz.

I wish I could listen to a good ported system with these Fi Q's so I could see first hand.

The Qs sound great sealed. It is the sound quality oriented line, they just happen to get loud too.

Look around for a used one. Give it a shot, if it isnt what you are looking for (doubt it) then just sell it to someone else. Fi stuff usually sells pretty quickly.

the idq10v3 is rated at 500 watts max. don't know where u got ur numbers from. what did you have the freq set at for the sub? and what's the rest of your system consist of? what vehicle is this in?

If you are willing to wait, Acoustic Elegance AV10's should sound great! My 12 hits lows and highs with such clarity its amazing, otherwise: PG RSDC's as stated above.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.