RE compared to ed-k

Participant count
  • Participant list

jim163
10+ year member

roc city
A couple years back I remember everyone on this site goin nuts about the ed-k so I bought one and loved it, one of the best sounding subs I ever heard. Then the piece of **** fell apart - I'll never get another allthough im tempted. So now seeing everyone going nutz over RE I'm going to get one, but how good is it really. The re model is their "base driver" wich makes me think crap, but is it any good? Would I be better off with a Type r or a kappa perfect?

Which eD "K" are you talking about? The boob-cone "e" series mentioned before, or the flat-cone K series...considering the fact that it fell apart on you, I'm thinking the flat cone variety //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Going to the RE series would be a step down in SQ, definitely. Output would be install dependent, as always...

The tit cone fell apart on me. Thanks for the heads up on the re series, I'm going to steer away from that. Besides the SE what subs out there give exceptional sound quality. It's tough because it has to fit in a truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.