Rca's putting amp in protect?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xet
10+ year member

ca
Hey guys, I have been trying to splice my rcas into my stock wiring before my amp on my g35 coupe. I spliced my rcas and connected the red rca (right) inner wire (pos) to the rear right positive for my amp and the outer wire(neg) to the rear right negative. And the same thing for my white (left) rca but with the corresponding right sides. here is the instruction thread http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/101293-diy-add-sub-your-bose-equipped-g35-coupe.html

But when I plug my rcas into my amp, my amp goes into protect. It is absolutely fine with just the power, ground, and remote wires plugged in. and even when i plug in my sub.

i used a multimeter and tested the rcas and both send out about 12.8v on both the inner and outer prongs. now i thought one was supposed to be the ground but i see no evidence of that with the multimeter. i was thinking of just trying to wire the negatives for the rcas directly to a ground. or even trying the ground loop fix for headunits.

do any of you have any ideas or believe that either of my ideas are feasible at all?

Umm, you mean you tried to do this without a line out convertor? 13 volts on your rcas is too high.

Use a line out convertor, most are 2 channel have adjustable gains onthe left and right channels. You wire those into your speaker lines and it provides rca jacks.

is a cleansweep absolutely necessary? I understand that it is most likely the best route to go but I don't plan to keep the stock setup forever and will eventually change to a dd. so it is best if i spend the least amount of money to correct the problem for the time being.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.