RCA wire

lil roberto
10+ year member

ohio
Does running the RCA wire on the opposite side of the car actually make a dramastic change in sounds quality. I had a company around here wire it and they put all the wires on the same side but they dont do such great installs so i heard so if it will make a difference in my SQ then id like to know bout it...

Thanks

Roberto

the only reason to wire the rca's on the opposite side from the power is to avoid the chance of the rca's picking up "noise" from the power wire. if you cannot hear any noise in your system then you should not worry about it.

imrals right if you don't hear any engine noise then don't sweat it but if ever decied to upgrade your system (or rewire it for fun like i do) it would probably be good to run your rcas on the opposite side of the car.

I agree with both gentlemen. The engine noise, or feedback, you would be hearing sounds like a whistling. If you dont hear anything then dont sweat it. There is no need to really re-wire a system either, unless you are getting better wire or its really, really old.

Originally posted by Nolesman I agree with both gentlemen.
Hey! Who you callin' a gentleman?!? lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I always run my rca's on one side and my powerwire/remote on the other side. Depending on how well shielded sometimes i run a set of RCA's on each side for easier connection to amps if running dual amps+.

I myself have a feedback problem now im trying to troubleshoot. Just installed a LCD and dvd/mp3 player. Need to troubleshoot

Im not blind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif - Forums are meant for help, most people who post on many forums tend to research back through its history. You learn something new everyday and possibly help someone else with problems like the above.

OK, fair enough, but there was a post on this very subject a few threads down, from this month //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Might have been more timely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.