RCA problems or deck problems???

DankyD Bigbang
10+ year member

Please help!!!!! Got brand new Sony cdx-gt740ui CD player and for mid range and highs I have 3 6.5" planet audio componet sets with a planet audio 2400.4. I've done the big 3 and ran 1/0 to the back and once got hooked up wow they get nasty but Monday on way to work started having some of the speakers cut out so I took deck out to see if maybe some wires were shorting out or maybe something came unplugged but nothing wrong so Put deck back in. No problems tell today when it started doing it again so took deck out and when even touched RCAs it started doing it so went and bought new RCAs the sound went aqua but now often it makes kind of weird buzz or a popping sound wtf?? If anyone could help I would highly appreciate it was so excited to get them componet sets in and now this lol!!!....??????.....!!!!!!!

sounds more like an HU issue. Sony is well known for poorly made car audio. the solder connections at the HU RCA jacks can easily have issues.

or you bought another pair of poor quality RCA's.

or the RCA's are being pinched when the deck is in place, which causes them to fail.

Ya found out problem put deck back in and took out my glove box so I could see behind CD player and ya behind deck is a metal support bar for the dash and they were getting pinched hard between that and the deck once fixed that it all went Away thank u alot keep_hope_alive!! And also just wondering pioneer is a good deck?? What is the best set to use for RCA cables??

Ya found out problem put deck back in and took out my glove box so I could see behind CD player and ya behind deck is a metal support bar for the dash and they were getting pinched hard between that and the deck once fixed that it all went Away thank u alot keep_hope_alive!! And also just wondering pioneer is a good deck?? What is the best set to use for RCA cables??

yep, i figured it was the case.

Pioneer is ok. some are better than others.

i like RCA's with two-piece metal headshells, the more compact the better. brand matters less than how they are made. they aren't complicated.

Actually it happend again sending deck in total changes my looks on them they are like a poptart hard on the outside soft as hell in the middle lolololol sorry but ya was looking at alpines any good suggestions

i have a Power Acoustik PTID-7002NR single din, 7" touch screen, picked it up for $130 with all the mounting hardware, wiring, accessory wiring (GPS, digital tv antenna, XM, etc). its a nice little hu for the money, i threw my old jensen hd5212 after that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.