Rca outputs/5 channel amp

chut123

I have a head unit with two rca preamp outputs. My 5 channel amp has 3 sets of rca inputs. It seems I am two rcas short. However I think My amp maybe able to take 1 pair of rca inputs and slpit it into 4 channels.

This is the function on the amp-

2 CH / 4 CH / 5 CH Input Mode Selector.

Is this what I need to solve the above problem.

I need to power four speakers,(the 2 rear being only for fill-so I need to be able to adjust the volume at the head unit. I will also power an amp with the 5th channel.

What do you mean power the 5th ch with another amp??

So since I've had/ran a few 5 ch amps, I can prob help you out. What brand is it? By selecting the mode input you were asking, your correct. However, if you wanna make the most use of that amp, might need to buy another HU with 3 RCA pre outs.

Even if you use the 2ch input. You can adjust the gain for the rear level. If you use 2ch or 4ch the rear might be tied in with the sub. Lowering the rears may lower sub output from the 5 channel

Thanks for your advice.Is there any way round this?

Is there any way to add an additional pair of rca leads so I can use all functionality on my 5 channel amp.

Something that can take an input of 2 pairs of preamp rca an dmake it 3 pairs of rca preamp.

Or is that completely crazy? And impossible?

I have been told a way to fix this problem. Buy a line out converter. this will connect to the rear speaker wires and convert to a extra pair of rcas for the rear amp input:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.