rca cable question

Marine0806
10+ year member

i just bought a new amp kit for my new amp, and the rca cables have a small black wire coming out of each end of the cable, i have only worked wit inexpensive amp kits before and this is my first rather expensive one, so i have never seen rca cables with this, i was wondering if anyone could fill me in with what this is for, thanks

i just bought a new amp kit for my new amp, and the rca cables have a small black wire coming out of each end of the cable, i have only worked wit inexpensive amp kits before and this is my first rather expensive one, so i have never seen rca cables with this, i was wondering if anyone could fill me in with what this is for, thanks
its probably a remote wire...

i dont think, the kit came with a blue remote wire
Have heard of them being ground wires for your rca's, but can't quite grasp how it would accomplish anything, I've heard more of them used as remote turn on leads like mentioned, most likely just for simplicity, one less wire to run.

The ground running down the center of the RCA's is supposed to be there to break up EMI by disrupting the EMF fields that form around all the cables.

the only time Ive grounded RCA's is when it was actually a wire connected straight to the shield, then it gets grounded to the HU chassis and not at the other end... all noise gets sent back through the HU chassis then instead of going to the amp and giving you problems.

Do you have a picture of the RCA's or link to the amp kit?

It could be for the remote wire, or the best use would be as a ground loop elimination wire. Connecting a ground wire directly from the radio ground to the amp ground will usually keep ground loops from forming. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.