rawdogj: Scammer, attention buyers of 1500Ds

I just read through the 9 pages of this thread. First off idk why everyone is all of a sudden buddy buddy with a guy who just ripped off 8 amps. If he still has not paid take legal action. Its obvious hes been stringing you along for long enough. I understand hard stuff will come across you in life. It happened to me a while ago but i had everything ironed out in the next month. Its unfortunate that hes having a rough time but he still ahs done wrong. just my $.02

Good job on referencing the UCC but in real life rules are out the window. There is no apparent negligence on Sundownz part from his 1st post I read, and possession of stolen property is CRIMINAL (even constructive possesion or possession under false pretenses, or larceny by trick). Thus, there is a judicial remedy by the DA which has NOTHING do with the UCC: sales, secured transactions, or negotiable instruments. Furthermore, the UCC is persuasive law and not precedent. It is merely a tool to help "uniform" how transactions are done amongst insterstate commerce and can be used as a guideline. The model penal code is a similar draft that deals with all criminal laws. It is more for "recommendations", than actual binding substantive law.
In short, this should work itself out, and there are remedies available to all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
My grandfather told me that a lot of states actually adopt the provisions of the UCC, in whole or in part, through legislation. He used to hang out downtown (which is where the courthouse is) so he should know.

As much as I like Sundown, I am not at all confident that the purchaser of these amps would be guilty of receiving stolen property. I may ask my grandmother, she used to get her hair done at a place that was next door to a law office.

Regardless of what the case may be for stolen property we still have several signed contracts and I can resolve this through whatever means necessary with Jason. Being that it is unclear I did want the purchasers of the amps to be aware just in case they are held liable. They may or may not, but I think it is worth bringing it to their attention.

I'm hoping for a friendly resolution but I won't hold my breath until something starts happening.

My grandfather told me that a lot of states actually adopt the provisions of the UCC, in whole or in part, through legislation. He used to hang out downtown (which is where the courthouse is) so he should know.
As much as I like Sundown, I am not at all confident that the purchaser of these amps would be guilty of receiving stolen property. I may ask my grandmother, she used to get her hair done at a place that was next door to a law office.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Yep. But you can't use all of it as mandatory law as was perceived by the poster I commented on. I think the guilty one is rawdog, not the people who bought the amps. (guess my post did not make that clear)

May have news soon... I was told a MO was mailed in an e-mail from the 8th. We will see how this pans out... I am hoping that we can get squared away just between the two of us.

Jason has not sent me an MO.

He gave me a debit card # but failed to provide the expiration date so I could bill it. I requested the date -- have not heard back in a few weeks.

Getting pretty sick of this... looking into what collection agency or debt buyer to get on the job. The only reason I haven't done so already is that I'm busy settling into the new warehouse... but I'm about to have some free time to work on it.

this guy is trash

empty promises,

as bad as i feel for those that have been duped, imagine the many years of torment, missed practices and school related games/activities that he will bestow upon his son....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies