Rainbows or CDT's?

Gixxsta04
10+ year member

I am having a hard time determining which component set to buy. Which set is better: Rainbow CMX265 Kicks or CDT Eurosport 6.5's. Cant find many specs on the rainbows and I have never heard either sets so it is hard to decide. I want to spend $300 or less. Are there any better options out there? Where can I buy rainbows online?

The Eurosports have to be some of the most detailed comps i have personally ever heard along with focal Utopias. cant go wrong with the Euro's.

That's another one of those "you could flip a coin" scenarios, they are both good. But before I would go with the eurosports, which are a very good set, I'd save some bucks and go with the new. PPI 356cs.

I like the rainbow set because I like metal tweeters. But I would save a few dollars there also and go with Cerwin Vega V-Max-65 if they meet your power requirements.

But before I would go with the eurosports, which are a very good set, I'd save some bucks and go with the new. PPI 356cs.
Are those PPI good? Because I can get them for around $200 shipped. Are they better than the ID xs65 or the rainbow cmx 265 kicks?

Are those PPI good? Because I can get them for around $200 shipped. Are they better than the ID xs65 or the rainbow cmx 265 kicks?
The designer who was consulted by Directed for the PPI set may have consulted on the ID set also.... he has worked with ID in the past. And the cones look basically the same, just two companies using different buzz words. But I have not seen all the specs for the XS65 yet, they may or may not have more midbass potential/X-max, don't know.... they appear to be rated for a little higher power. Up to the power limitations of the PPI, probably won't be much difference. You would not believe how many different brands come out of the same factory in China. GM makes many different cars, but there are also a lot of clones.

You can get the PPI on cardomain.com for about $140 with their sales going on. I have never heard them but people I trust are recommending them alot now and for the price I would pick them over the PG RSd until the PPI price goes back up.

CDT vs. Rainbow-

Rainbow Kicks will have more midbass or impact and detail, clarity, tonality should be about the same. It is going to come down to cone material and which you prefer. They will sound different.

Tweeters-Rainbow makes some excellent tweeters the Cal25tit is great tweeter but my pick would be the CDT-25 that comes with the ES I like the sound of their silks-personally preference on this one silk vs. metal.

So really for me it comes down to which I can get a better deal on

Rainbows online 6spdcoupe, 3.5maxspd pm one of these guys and they can help you out.

I heard the ES....very good SQ...esp vocals (think Alicia Keys, et al).

I was very impressed with off axis response (mounted brax-style) [i think that is called coinciedental] about knee high in a Silverado.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.