Rainbow vs. Dynaudio

Unfortunately the sound room isn't a decent representation of how they will sound in car. I've never heard a decent speaker that didn't sound excellent on-axis. At the same time I've seen very few in-car installs where the speakers were all on-axis to the listener and plenty of drivers with an excellent on-axis response start to stumble when placed off-axis.

Unfortunately the sound room isn't a decent representation of how they will sound in car. I've never heard a decent speaker that didn't sound excellent on-axis. At the same time I've seen very few in-car installs where the speakers were all on-axis to the listener and plenty of drivers with an excellent on-axis response start to stumble when placed off-axis.
x10000000000000000 A sound room is the worst place to listen to a sound system for a car. There are too many variables.

I am actually a dealer of both Dynaudio and Rainbow. After setting them up in the sound room and listening to them (Esotec vs. Germaniums), we thought the sound quality of both was phenomenal. However there is definitely a distinct difference in their individuals sound. I was expecting the Dynaudio to blow away the Rainbows, However i was extremely impressed with them. I just wanted to see what others opinions were of the two speakers, becuase if I were a customer listening to a $500 set of rainbows vs a $800 set of Dyns, i would find it difficult to convince me into paying another $300 for Dyns when a $500 set of Rainbows sounds so good.
Now what about comparing apples to apples, eg. Esotec with Profi vans or somthing of our liking that has the same MSRP. I agree that it would be a hard sell to justify the extra 300 but there are some that want that extra somthing, and what would they choose dollar for dollar?

Both have their qualites, and the qualities of each will shine more or less on what your really prefer to hear. So, even though you can get a general census of sound characteristics from people, your ears are going to be the only ones doing the judging on your part. So I guess what I am asking is, do you know what taste you like out of a speaker?

i heard 6spds setup personally.. and granted i only listened to it for so long.. the first thing i said was.. **** now you're making me wish i bought these speakers.. my rainbows sound great as well.. i personally dont think you can go wrong either way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.