Rainbow SLC 265.03 wiring questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

KingDiamond
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just recieved a used Rainbow SLC 265.03 component set and I have a couple questions...

1. I will be powering them with a Xtant A4004 4-channel amplifier, that outputs 50W RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms or 200W x 2 @ 4 ohms bridged. I think these speakers are rated for 60 or 65W nominal. I think it's 100W max. The crossover for the speakers allows for bi-amping. I'm only going to use this amplifier for powering the front speakers, so should I:

a. Run 200W RMS to each side.

b. Bi-amp and run 50W to the tweeters and 50W to the mids

c. Just use 2 channels on the amp and run 50W to each side

2. I need an explanation of this crossover. I don't have a picture but here's a diagram of what it looks like:

crossover.jpg

From the output side first, I'm guessing the -3db is for the tweeter level, but how do I use that?

Now onto the input side, what is the connection with the "T"?

How would I connect the amplifier to the input side if I'm bi-amping?

200W will probably be way too much though right?
You don't happen to have an online copy of that manual do you?
yea lol 200w is WAY too much.. these speakers are freakishly efficient. 80-100w will hit hte sweet spot for these speakers... im scared to send 100 tho

as for the manual.. nope. wat do you need to know? ill dig it out

Well basically I just want to know how to hook up these speakers correctly. I see that you have the "02" version of the speakers, I have the "03" and I think our crossovers are different.

I need to know how the "-3db" output connects to the tweeter; do you use that in place of the tweeter positive output in case you want the tweeter to be quieter? Also what does the "T" mean on the input side.

Well basically I just want to know how to hook up these speakers correctly. I see that you have the "02" version of the speakers, I have the "03" and I think our crossovers are different.
I need to know how the "-3db" output connects to the tweeter; do you use that in place of the tweeter positive output in case you want the tweeter to be quieter? Also what does the "T" mean on the input side.
oh yea we do have diff crossovers... i have no idea what the t means, but like you said you hook the positive side up to the tweet on the -3db to i guess make them less harsh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.