"jumping" second amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

wschmidt22
10+ year member

i have two amps... one monoblock powering two 12's, and one A/B powering my fronts.

initially, i was just running my stock fronts with my new subs and sub amp, and all was running well.

i then completed installing my comps up front, along with the wiring to my comp amp. everything went well, except for a slight problem with the turn on lead. i figured that i'd have no problem just daisy chaining the connection, however, when i did this, neither amp would turn on.

i began experimenting a little, and found that if i touch the remote (from monoblock to A/B) to the input power on the monoblock amp, then quickly back into the remote terminal, it will stay powered on. also, i can power down my vehicle, and power it back on, and everything will power on just fine. but if it sits for too long with no power, neither amp will power up...

will i need to use a relay?

is it dangerous to jump the second amp off the input power, and continue to use it for long periods of time?

thanks.

i have two amps... one monoblock powering two 12's, and one A/B powering my fronts.
initially, i was just running my stock fronts with my new subs and sub amp, and all was running well.

i then completed installing my comps up front, along with the wiring to my comp amp. everything went well, except for a slight problem with the turn on lead. i figured that i'd have no problem just daisy chaining the connection, however, when i did this, neither amp would turn on.

i began experimenting a little, and found that if i touch the remote (from monoblock to A/B) to the input power on the monoblock amp, then quickly back into the remote terminal, it will stay powered on. also, i can power down my vehicle, and power it back on, and everything will power on just fine. but if it sits for too long with no power, neither amp will power up...

will i need to use a relay?i would run a distribution block for the second amp with its own fuse and everything. its own ground(could be to the same place) but the remote wire i would share.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wschmidt22

10+ year member
wschmidt22
J-Ville, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from