Quick Simple Question - iPod

Participant count
  • Participant list

jooeeyy

Hey guys,

Well I am about to buy my first car, a 97' BMW 323i. They have CD players, but I was wondering about the easiest way to connect my iPod to it. I don't really want to change too much, just keep it simple, as long as I can listen to my songs on my iPod.

Otherwise, if it means installing a new tuner or whatever, then I will simply burn them to cds.

Thanks, and sorry to waste your time, but I have close to no knowledge in this area.

97? possibly still has tape deck? if so, u can get tape deck fm transmitter whatever the fcuk its called. its only like $5.

or you can just get a regular fm transmitter.

Nah, it's cd. But yeh, I just looked into the FM Transmitter now. That will work nicely.

So, how does it work? Does it set the iPod to a frequency, and then I tune that into the car tuner?

If so, thanks alot.

yeah, u just set a preset of the transmitter. ex: 87.9 then u tune ur station to 87.9 and it'll play through that and you're good to go

FM transmitter will work but it gets a lot of RF interference. and gives off a fuzzy or static sound at least the 3 I have seen. We could never get any good bitrate out of them.

But it works

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.