quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list

drew
10+ year member

mo
i have a question about hitting high db's. on average how many watts do u need to hit above 140 db's. i know that the car makes a differance so i'll give u my senerio:

i have a 77 firebird an i'm gonna put 2 10'' audiobahn aw1000q in my trunk( each getting say 1cubic foot.) i'm gonna run a lanzar 800d at 1 ohm(800rms) to them. i'm also gonna put dynamat sound panels in the trunk(extreme panels on trunk an walls, normal stuff on the bottom.) i don't think the head set an interior speakers will make any difference.

i'm just wondering about what i'm hitting so when i go get it tested i won't have my spirits raised to high. thanks

you might wanna think about building a bigger box...i'm not very experienced, but i know that 1^3 foot isn't very much, per sub. Look at what the box specifications are...and try to get as close to them as possible.

the biggest the manual says is 1.7 each, but have u ever seen a 77 firebird, there's barely a trunk. Fittin 2 10 wit 1cub foot each is gonna be i tight sqeeze. i might be able to go up another.2 or .3 cub feet each but thats really pushin it.

ok so your talking about 1600watts total from lanzar amps?? i would say you'll get no more than 1100 watts from the 2 amps combined max power simply b/c they overrate there amps rather badly. a friend of mine had there amp that is the 2000watt amp and we took it out and put my old 1000bd on it that is peaked out at 1200watts so that makes it 800 watts less and mine sounded louder.

adam

lanzars 2000 watt amp is a vibe series if i remember in which most of those amps are overrated but the opti drive an sl are mostly (from what i've heard) underrated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.