Quick question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

xzbonexz
10+ year member

Kenwood DDX514

Rockford Fosgate R300-4 (75rms x 4 @ 2 Ohms)

Infinity Reference 6830cs (6x8 component 90rms, Going in front)

Infinity Reference 6832cf (6x8 coax 90rms, Going in Rear)

I'm wondering if that amp would be enough for the speakers im getting. Would a 400w overpower them? Its not worth putting Component in the rear since when I get my subs it will be somewhat drowned out anyways..true?? Im gettin Rockford Fosgate P310x2 subs. And my last question is For the ipod adapter do I have to get the A/V one even though Im only using a Nano?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You'll be impressed with those speakers by the way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. What does the amp put out at 4 ohms? Becase your speakers are 4 ohms and that's what your amp will he putting out.

It says the coax speakers are 2-ohm doesnt say anything about the component. Site could be wrong. onlinecarstereo.com Why do you ask about the p310x2? I just want a pair of good 10" that have good sound quality. I listen to rap and rock and metal so I dont only want booming bass.

It's listed at 2 ohm but the actual is about 3.5 ohm I just installed them 2 weeks ago in a factory f150 and put a meter on them and they said 3.5. How much are the fosgates gonna run you? The reason I asked is just that there's a lot of other brands that may sound better and depending on how much those fosgates are the other brands could be cheaper too.

that amp only puts out 50x4 @4 ohms. So I should get a 400w @ 4 ohms? Thatll over power them a little is that alright? What about the Ipod cable anyone know about that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.