Quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list

CaptinFocker
10+ year member

Hates Mostnet
Ok here is my dilemma, I have a 2003 saab 9-3, some of you may know that these cars are very hard to modify due to the mostnet wiring. But I can add subs, door, and dash speakers. My question (dont flame) can I run a small subwoofer without an external amp? Also can I run a remote from the sub to kill it if need be. Thanks and try not to flame, please?

To run a sub properly you're going to need an amplifier. Head unit power will not be enough even for a smaller sub.

You can install a switch inline with the remote wire of the amp if you want to shut off the amp while still playing the rest of the system.

Just completely wire everything new. New power, new ground, new remote straight off the ignition, new wires to each speaker, etc. Then you can add aftermaket equipment all you want. I've heard that you pretty much just have to leave the factory head unit alone, maybe hide it somewhere.

can't say I've really read about it a lot though, I just know it's a pain...I'm sure somebody on here will know exactly what to do

Ya you have to fresh wire the sound system, cant touch the headunit. I was hoping there was a "powered subwoofer" that I could use. Also because my friends dad works for kenwood(nice discounts)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.