Quick question: Playing a sub half blown??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Afboy143
10+ year member

aka Bumpin Expo
Tampa, Fl
I got a 15" SI mag and one of the coils are blown. It still hits hard but around 20 you can tell its blown. It doesnt sound too bad, just sounds like there is a decent hole with an air leak. At 28 volume you cant tell its blown at all. (One of the coils is blown, I got it tested) Now I am getting this sub reconned once I get 150$ so I dont care if this sub blows even more....my problem is can I blow the amp by doing this? Please let me know

I hear you on that. The reason I ask is I have a audio meet saturday and I want some sort of bass to go to it with. Am I running a risk of blowing my amp if I run it for that day?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.