quick question on S shaped port

Participant count
  • Participant list

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i normally use torres box calculator along with sketchup when designing my box...but im not sure how to use # of common port walls on an S shaped port...so i went back to "the12volt.com" port length calculator and ive always wanted to know if they want net volume or gross volume when figuring port length??...im assuming they want the gross volume but not positive

I don't use Torres so I can't speak to how it calculates or what it asks for.

However, port length does not affect net volume. Net volume affects port length. This is why we start with a net desired volume, then calculate port length and then add port volume to the total volume of the cabinet.... before we build it.

If you figure tuning for a 3 cube box and then only build a three cubic foot box, your port tuning and box volume will be all screwed up. Unless of course, the port is external.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.