quick question on installation costs

Participant count
  • Participant list

c1rca
10+ year member

houston
I'm not very good at electronics and dont want to fry my car so im going to take my idmaxs to get installed tomorrow. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how much a shop would charge for me to get a simple amp and sub install in a audi? I want to know reasonable price.

u should install urself, ur just gonna pay like 70 and hour while the installer sit around and smoke for 45 mins then work for 15 then smoke again, ur gonna pay a **** load of money that could easily take an hour out of ur time.

Yeah... wiring and all the installation is not as hard as it sounds, its just nerve wracking the first time beacuase your inexperienced. Consider installing it yourself and seriously weigh the possibility before devoting yourself to a shop.

But to answer your question... I would estimate 150$? Best buy charges about 70 an amp, 50 a sub, plus like 20$/hour on top of that at the one near me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.