quick question bout wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

MikeofTulsa

The one and Only!
Tulsa, OK
ok if a sub is wired in paralell the ohm load will be half of the rated normal load correct??

and it its in series it would be double the normal load correct???

and if possible can you give me an example of how to wire 2 subs in series and paralell...i think i have it down...but im jus making sure before i give anyone else the information so im not wrong.....thanks

You are correct, if the 2 subs have the same impedance then 2 in parallel will be half, 2 in series would be double.

Series always adds, regardless of the numbers, example 4 ohms + 2 ohms = 6 ohms. Works if the 2 are the same or not.

Parallel is different. It's the "reciprocal formula"... total = 1/ (1/R1 + 1/R2).

So a 2 ohm and 4 ohm in parallel is 1/ ( 1/2 + 1/4) = 1.33 ohms.

For 2 coils the same it comes out to 1/2 each but for anything else you need a calculator. Easiest thing to remember is that series adds, and parallel will always be lower than either one.

Hope I didn't confuse you more.

nope you didnt confuse me....really helped out quite a bit....ive been doing alot of research on the subject and the only other thing i could ask would be for a diagram or somthing of the sort to give me a little bit of a visual understanding...cause i have the tech. understanding down....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.